At Legate Injury Lawyers you will be working with a forward-thinking progressive-minded team. You will be challenged, you will be well-compensated, and you will be one of the first Londoners to be paid a full-time wage while working a modified four-day workweek (after your probationary/training period is completed). With a health benefits package from Canada Life, paired with a staff bonus structure, transportation allowance, we are offering the complete employment package – A fulltime career in a challenging field, a well-rounded compensation package, and an opportunity to grow as a professional working with experienced, collegial, well-respected clerks and lawyers alike.
We are seeking an Experienced Law Clerk to join our firm on a full-time, permanent basis. This position will be responsible for providing legal support in our fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, organized individual with a working knowledge of personal injury litigation, and an interest in continuous professional development.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Opening new files and drafting retainer packages.
• Scheduling meetings and phone calls with clients, witnesses, and counsel.
• Drafting outgoing correspondence, including letters to counsel, clients, and records requests.
• Processing all incoming mail and records.
• Preparing briefs to experts and clients.
• Active participation in team meetings.
• Maintaining file organization, including a bring-forward system, calendars, and electronic filing.
• Chronology production.
• Contacting and retaining experts.
• Serving Statements of Claim, Jury Notices, and Summons’ to Witness.
• Trial preparation tasks, including preparing exhibit briefs and managing trial boxes.
The right candidate will possess:
• A Law Clerk diploma
• 4+ years of experience
• Experience with PrimaFact and Clio. (not required, only an advantage)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 365, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to work productively in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
Covid-19 vaccination required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org